As past President of the College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL), I try to provide details each year on the national Community Association Law Seminar. Without question, the Law Seminar is the premiere HOA and condo legal program held each year. This year’s Law Seminar is the 40th annual and will be held January 23-26, 2019, at the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans, LA.
While the Law Seminar is mostly attended by attorneys, it’s not limited to attorneys. Other participants include insurance professionals, community association managers, other industry leaders who wish to learn about HOA/condo law trends and practices. For insurance professionals who advise homeowner and condominium associations, the Insurance Masters Program (sponsored by the Community Insurance and Risk Management Specialists (“CIRMS”)) is for experienced insurance professionals and goes beyond the basics of community association insurance to include risk management and legal issues.
An optional half-day program will be held Wednesday, January 23, with two educational sessions: an “Essentials of Community Association Law” associates track and a “Running a Community Association Law Practice” managing partner track. These optional sessions have an additional fee.
This year’s program will include the popular Case Law Update, “Panel of Pundits” and 23 other sessions dealing with community association law, including:
- Transitioning Developer Control from Start to Finish
- Trends in Association Fining Authority
- Fiduciaries: Everything You Need to Know
- Trends in Fair Debt Collection Litigation
- Emerging Community Association Law Trends
- Cyber Risk Management and Cyber Insurance for Community Associations
- Client Termination Ethics
- Cyber Risk Reduction and Insurance for Lawyers
- Religion in Community Associations: Fair Housing of Free Speech?
- The Early Bird Settles the Dispute: Effective Resolution
More information and the full schedule for this and future Law Seminars, visit the CAI Events page.