Homeowner and condominium associations have become a major force in our state. North Carolina’s population recently passed 10 million, making it the 9th largest state. However, we are the 5th largest state in number of community associations. That equates to almost 14,000 associations with more than 2 million residents! With this growth has come an explosion of media coverage and legislative proposals concerning homeowner and condominium associations. Such changes mean the education, professional credentialing, online and printed resources, networking opportunities, and advocacy that CAI provides are more important than ever.
There are four CAI membership categories
- Homeowner Volunteer Leaders (whether association board members or homeowner leaders)
- Community Managers
- Association Management Companies
- Business Partners (professionals who provide products and services to community associations).
Information on membership category dues and benefits can be found at CAI’s NC page.
For Business Partners and Association Management Companies, I’ll also note that the NC Chapter has a new annual financial sponsor program with GREATER BENEFITS and MORE VALUE. The 2016 annual sponsor program has been completely redesigned as the result of member surveys and a state task force. Different levels of sponsorship offer a variety of benefits and opportunities, such as:
- CAI sponsor “badge” icons for your own company website or e-mail signatures
- Distinctive banners and name-badge recognition at Chapter events
- Special effects at discounted expo booths to spotlight your supporter status
- Complimentary admission to educational events
- Inclusion in a brochure distributed at all regional education events
- Enhanced showcasing/details on the CAI website
Full details on the different levels and specific benefits can be found at the CAI website under the Re-Imagined Annual Support Program for Business Partners page (for Business Partners) and at the Re-Imagined Annual Support Program for Management Companies page (for Association Management Companies). The improved benefits are intended to give members a greater presence in the industry, higher visibility with current and potential clients, and recognition as an experienced community association professional.
Annual sponsors will also be supporting CAI-NC, North Carolina’s largest organization dedicated to building better community associations. BUT DON’T DELAY! The last day to apply as an annual sponsor is WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20 AT 5 PM.